First of all…if you have never seen the movie, Office Space, stop whatever the hell you are doing right now and go watch it!! It is a comedy, but it’s real….it’s so real. We (including myself saying “we”) often say things like “_______ never prepared me for the real world.” Would you like to be prepared? Go watch that movie right now. Besides the AMAZING soundtrack, here’s why:
1. You might be educated….but you still don’t “know”:
2. You still struggle with confidence issues, especially when trying to “sell yourself” without seeming like a cocky asshole (especially when asked “what makes you different”):
3. You will probably consider quitting and doing literally anything else:
4. The older you get, the more uncomfortably inappropriate people are…yes, in a “professional environment,” too:
5. When corporate bosses/consultants come in, they will tell you they want you to be “free,” and “creative,” and “express how you really feel”……THIS IS A TRAP! More than likely, they don’t:
6. PASSIVE AGGRESSIVENESS EVERYWHERE!!!
7. You will have at least one job (probably more) that will make you a shell of a person/make you hate EVERYone:
8. Yes, this will happen, too:
9. Loyal, good people will steal your office supplies. Guard them with your life!!!
10. There will ALWAYS be that one co-worker that has to comment on EVERYTHING. Worse, it seems like they might be trying to get a laugh?
11. Office equipment is the worst (we really can’t update this 1980s model?):
12. Corporate visits are like your parents saying “we need to talk,” even if you’ve done nothing wrong:
13. Know the difference:
14. You will feel fat being overly eager for “community food”:
15. But never…NEVER forget: